SEE-Change is a community organisation that empowers the Canberra community to live sustainably and has been operating since 2008. It has two part-time staff based in the Downer Community Centre.
SEE-Change’s operations are governed by a voluntary Committee elected each year at the Annual General Meeting. There are currently eight Committee members who assist with the direction of the organisation.
We need a Treasurer to work with us from June 2019 until the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in October 2019. Hopefully you’ll be keen to put your hand up to continue as Treasurer after the next AGM.
Ideally you will:
- Have a financial qualification and/or relevant experience,
- Be good with detail, and
- Be a timely and responsive communicator.
- Attend Board meetings on a monthly/six weekly basis
- Provide advice on financial issues to the Executive Officer when requested
- Provide quarterly financial reports at Board meetings
- Provide a Financial Report at the Annual General Meeting in October each year
- Assist the Executive Officer with the budget for the next financial year in May/June each year
- Identify financial risks and report them to Board and Executive Officer
- Contribute to a strategy on broadening SEE-Change’s income streams
- SEE-Change staff pay and issue invoices, pay staff, superannuation and issue BAS using Xero online accounting software.
- SEE-Change staff bank cash taken from events.
- Our skilled bookkeeper provides comprehensive monthly reports, which reduces the workload of the Treasurer. These are generated from Xero.
- Yearly financial audit – documents are prepared each year by office staff and bookkeeper for the independent audit.
- Our former Treasurer, is available to mentor the new Treasurer.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please contact the office.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/single.php on line 57