The proposed development of the Canberra Brickworks and environs offers the potential for an exciting step forward in sustainability of planning and development in Canberra – if it is planned and implemented well in accord with:
- its context, both in the area that surrounds it and the rest of Canberra;
- good urban planning principles; and
- sustainable design, particularly in the light of the need to:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions, resource use and impacts of climate change
- improve the health of Canberrans, particularly through increasing active transport and recreation and social connectivity
- build community resiliency, including via increasing Canberra’s self-sufficiency.
SEE-Change Inner South has made two submissions on the most recent two planning and development strategies for the Canberra Brickworks and environs.
In April 2015 we made the following submission on the strategy that the Land Development Agency released in February 2015:
- SEE-Change_Inner South submission on Canberra Brickworks + Environs Planning & Development Strategy 2015
In July 2014 we made the following submission on the strategy that the Land Development Agency released from September 2013 to July 2014:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/single.php on line 57