Submission on 2015 Canberra Brickworks + Environs plans
The proposed development of the Canberra Brickworks and environs offers the potential for an exciting step forward in sustainability of planning and development in Canberra – if it is planned and implemented well in accord with:
- its context, both in the area that surrounds it and the rest of Canberra;
- good urban planning principles; and
- sustainable design, particularly in the light of the need to:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions, resource use and impacts of climate change
- improve the health of Canberrans, particularly through increasing active transport and recreation and social connectivity
- build community resiliency, including via increasing Canberra’s self-sufficiency.
SEE-Change Inner South has made a submission on the most recent planning and development strategy for the Canberra Brickworks and environs. You can read it and the submission on the previous proposal here.