Economics and Finances
There are lots of things you can do with the economy and your finances to reduce your environmental impact and improve your well-being.
Some initial steps you could take to get started would be:
- Reduce your consumption of unnecessary products
- Share products and pool resources
- Invest in sustainable organisations
- Adopt alternative indicators of progress
- Support alternative business models – benefit corporations and co-operatives
- Promote Time Affluence – family leave and extended vacations
The following resources provide a wealth of information on all things economy and finance related.
If there are other resources that you think should be added to this list, please let us know.
- A local living economy (youtube clip)
- Beyond capitalism and socialism: could a new economic approach save the planet?
- Earthworker Co-operative
- Fair Shares: The Sharing Economy
- Jeremy Rifkin: Are We Moving from a Capitalist to a Collaborative Economy?
- REconomy – practical guides for community economic change
- REconomy – transforming the economic destiny of your local community
- Smart Urban Villages – living without a mortgage
- The Journey of Sustainable Business
- The Money Myth
- Transition Buxton’s Economic Resilience Study
- Values and Frames
- Your Energy Savings
- Debating the Sharing Economy. (2014) By Juliet Schor.
- Depletion and Abundance: Life on the New Home Front – Download Book Report
- Gittinomics. Living the good life without money, stress, overwork and joyless consumption. (2007) By Ross Gittins Ross, published by Allen and Unwin.
- Sack the Economists and Disband their Departments. By Geoff Davies, published by BWM Books.
- The Bellagio Initiative: The Future of Philanthropy and Development in the Pursuit of Human Wellbeing. (2011) By Tim Kasser.
The Real Wealth of Nations: Creating a caring economics. (2008) By Riane Eisler, published by Berrett Koehler.
Businesses and Groups
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/page.php on line 31
Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/_relatedposts.php on line 13