Electric Bike Bulk Buy 2015
From September until November 2015, SEE-Change in collaboration with Pedal Power ran an electric bike bulk buy scheme.
Members of either organistion received a 15% discount on an Electric Bike from Switched on Cycles.
10 people were needed for this bulk buy to happen, and the result was a huge success!
24 people purchased bikes, which in turn means 24 people will be traveling by bike more often instead of their previous mode of transport (which in many cases was by car).
We conducted a survey and found:
- everyone is very happy with their electric bike
- people are cycling both to work and for recreation
- people have replaced 1-5 car trips per week with their electric bike
- 44% of people who purchased an electric bike reported that they usually never cycled. But now they are on their ebikes between 1 and 6 times each week
- 88% report they travel between 10 and 50km each week
That is a great result!
For information about the different types of bikes that were available, visit Switched on Cycles.