Curtain Retrofit Project Success
Since early 2015, local community groups SEE-Change, St Vincent de Paul Society Canberra/Goulburn and Canberra Loves 40%, have been working together with the ACT Government through the ACTSmart Outreach Energy and Water Efficiency Program, to provide curtains free of charge to people living in disadvantage.
In September 2015, the project received two Keep Australia Beautiful awards – one for Community Action and Wellbeing, the other a commendation for Environmental Sustainability and Energy Innovation.
Image: Jen from SEE-Change and Shannon from St Vincent de Paul who have been the main coordinators for the project.
As of September 2015, the statistics for the project are:
- 65 houses have been referred to the program. This translates into 309 curtains.
- 33 houses have been completed or are waiting installation of finished curtains.
- Approximately 13 curtains are able to be competed each workshop.
- 14 take-home packs have been made up of donated existing curtains. 10 of these have been taken by volunteers and 28 curtains have been completed through these take-home packs process. This is equivalent to what is completed in two workshops.
- 135 curtains have been donated.
- 61 curtains have been made from reused curtains so far.
- 65 volunteers are on our register, with approximately 5 volunteers attending each workshops.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/single.php on line 57
Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/_relatedposts.php on line 13