Community Solar ToolKit
The Community Solar Toolkit provides detailed information about how a community can establish a community solar farm.
The toolkit was created by the SolarShare/Canberra Clean Energy project team, an initiative of SEE-Change.
The creation of this work was funded by the ACT Government under the Climate Change Grants program.
- Where to start: Project Planning
- Establishing Governance and Project Teams: Volunteer roles, Terms of Reference and role descriptions to find the right board and project team members, and hold them accountable
- Developing a marketing plan: Market research plan and market research interview plan
- How to find a site: Guide and checklist to the most important aspects of finding a site
- Accessing electricity details: Guide and letter for permission to access electricity details
- Subleasing a host site: Guide, and Agreement to Sublease and Power Purchase Agreement templates
- Recruiting professional advisors: Guide for finding the right advisors, and financial and legal brief templates
- Establishing a Constitution: Guide and Constitution for a democratic community energy project
- Conducting an Expression of Interest (EoI) process: Guide for short-listing development partners and installers, and Expression of Interest template
- Conducting a Tender process: Guide to selecting a development partner, and Tender document and evaluation templates
- Establishing financial modelling: Guide for financial modelling
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
You are free to share, adapt, copy, remix, transform, build upon and redistribute the material in any medium or format, for any purpose, even commercially. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
“SolarShare” and the SolarShare logo (sun device) are registered trademarks and may not be used without permission.
This Toolkit contains general information about legal and financial matters. The information is not financial or legal advice, and should not be treated as such.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/single.php on line 57
Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/_relatedposts.php on line 13