ACT Recycling – tips
Some recycling tips of what can be put in your recycling bin in the ACT:
- Aluminum foil can be recycled if it is screwed up into larger balls, as thin sheets don’t work so well in machinery.
- Wine bottle tops can be recycled if you can scrunch them.
- Beer tops are mixed media and the best way to recycle them is to place them in other similar materials such as steel cans or aluminium, they will then not get lost in the machinery.
- Receipts and paper products can all be recycled if they are scrunched into balls, or even better, if they are put into a cardboard or paper box. The general principle is to put like products with like products and make small products larger so they don’t get lost in the machinery.
- The plastic handle of razor blades can be recycled as mixed plastics. As much as possible put like products together into bigger products, as there are many mixed hard plastics that can be recycled into bales.
- Don’t put plastic bags in the recycle bin!
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/seechang/see-change.org.au/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/styles/see-changes/layouts/single.php on line 57