Project Information and Resources
2017/2018 Parliament of Youth Teacher Professional Development Sessions – Presentations
Presentations from the October Parliament of Youth teacher sessions are now available to download! See links below for a range of great presentations to find out the topic for next year’s Parliament, and get tips for priority sustainability topics and issues you may focus on for your Green Paper.
- Parliament of Youth 2018 – overview
- “Towards a More Sustainable Canberra: ACT Government Programs and Priorities” – Stephen Bygrave, ACT Climate Change and Sustainability, and Jenny Dibley, Actsmart Schools
- “The War on Waste: An ACT Perspective” – Office of the Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment
- “Towards Sustainable Fashion” – Edwina Robinson, SEE-Change
- “Sustainability: Key Concepts” – Mikayla Fogarty, Australian National University
Thank you to all of our wonderful presenters, and past teachers, for their great presentations!
Revised 2018 Green Paper Templates and Instructions!
Students prepare and submit a one page “Green Paper” outlining their proposal for action, using the 2018 Green Paper Template. Make sure to read the revised 2018 Green Paper Instructions for helpful tips on how to work through the process of identifying the topic, defining the problem, then summarising and justifying the proposal.
Read the White Paper from the 2017 Parliament for an overview of past topics and proposals.
Everything you need to know about the 2017 Parliament is here! Revised resources for 2018 coming soon.
VIDEO 2017 Parliament of Youth on Sustainability: In a Nutshell
An overview of the 2017 Parliament in less than 2 minutes
Examples of student Green Papers from the 2016 Parliament of Youth on Sustainability
Examples of student Green Papers from the 2015 Parliament of Youth on Sustainability
Check out these student Green Papers from the 2015 Parliament of Youth on Sustainability – the 11 below are the papers relating to the final 11 proposals chosen by students as the best at the Parliament:
Or read the final White Paper from the 2015 Parliament.
Back to School Resources menu