Sustainable House Tour – Ainslie
This 1940s cottage in Ainslie has been rebuilt (extended, retrofitted and renovated) with the following sustainable features:
- passive solar design: plenty of north facing double glazing, concrete slab floors in the new part of the house, plenty of insulation, and insulation added to existing house
- 14 Solar panels, a battery and the Reposit software
- 70kL of rainwater storage, entire house plumbed to rainwater
- grey water recycling
- re-use of some old fittings from the old house
- Permaculture food forest garden in progress
- Three australorp chickens!
And from the street, it still look like a little cottage in Ainslie!
Book your place by clicking of the green ‘register’ button above.
Please consider parking in Baker Gardens. The street is quite narrow and Baker Gardens is just a short walk.
The cost of the tickets assists SEE-Change Inc to support & inspire communities in creating a sustainable Canberra.