Champions of Change
On Monday 14 December SEE-Change in collaboration with CDNet organised a ‘Champions of Change’ workshop.
This workshop was aimed at those people who:
- Are making change happen in their community and getting a bit ‘stuck’ every now and again.
- Would like to make change happen in their community and are not sure where to start.
This ‘Champions of Change’ knowledge sharing and skills gaining workshop provided participants with information, tools, skills and motivation to deepen their knowledge of how to make change happen in our community.
At this workshop we:
- identified key tools, skills and tips for being a Champion of Change;
- reflected on what questions or challenges people have with regards to being a Champion of Change; and
- shared experiences and knowledge of solutions for the questions and challenges.
In November 2015 an Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) Workshop, which was organised by CDNet, was held in Canberra with presenter Jim Dier from Seattle. Jim’s work for 14 years as Seattle’s Director of the City’s Office for Neighborhoods has been acclaimed as one of the most innovative local government programs in the USA, and Jim is the author of ‘Neighbor Power: Building Community the Seattle Way’. neighborpower.org.
At this workshop we reflected on the key tips and ideas presented by Jim Dier, shared other tips and ideas, and deepened our understanding of how to put these and many other ideas into practice.
Download the Champions of Change workshop outcomes.
Another one of these events will be happening in 2016, so stay tuned for details.
This is a collaborative initiative between SEE-Change and CDNet: The Community Development Network.
CDNet acknowledges the sponsorship provided by the ACT Health and Community Services Directorates.