Bike Trailer Rental
SEE-Change rent cargo and kids bike trailers for 1 month at a time, as a way of supporting you onto your bike.
This scheme, known as BERT – the Bicycle CO2 Emission Reduction Trial – is designed to enable you to ‘try before you buy’, knowing that trailers can be fairly expensive.
The kid’s bike trailer easily transforms into a pram or jogger AND it contains large behind-the-seat storage areas, making it really easy to take your children to school, do the grocery shopping or just visit friends by bike!
Introducing your child to a bike trailer – contains tips on how to introduce your child to riding in a trailer.
- Kid’s bike trailer: $40 for the first month and then $1/day (loaned out from the SEE-Change office at the Downer Community Centre).
- Cargo trailers: $30 for the first month and then $2/day (loaned out from the Food Co-op at 3 Kingsley St, Acton).
- Deposit: $100 refunded when the trailer is returned.
We have double and single bike trailers available.
How it works:
If you are interested in participating in BERT, you can contact us on 6162 2320 or email our BERT co-ordinator. You might also be interested in the following:
- download the trailer specifications – provides an overview of the trailers available for you to hire.
- download the hire agreement – explains our legal responsibilities and yours.
- consider joining Pedal Power – we recommend that you join the local bicycle support and advocacy group, who include bicycle insurance as part of their membership.
If you are interested in purchasing your own trailer at the end of your hire period, we can also help direct you to a supplier.
Tags: Feature Project