Media and Awards
SEE-Change is regularly in the media. We aim to inspire, inform and support Canberran’s to reduce their ecological footprint and improve their well-being.
SEE-Change has also received a number of awards in recognition of our successful achievements.
For all media queries please contact us.
SEE-Change media appearances:
- 21 October – The Canberra Times – ‘O’Connor woman says tiny houses could ease Canberra’s affordability crisis’ – interview with Edwina Robinson
- 31 August – ABC – Sunday brunch Panel discussion & 30 minutes of interview with Kelli Donovan, Pure Pod; Sandie Parkes (part owner), Green Shed; Nina Gbor, Eco-stylist and Edwina starts at 1 hour 7 minutes.
- 15 August 2017 – ABC radio: Edwina Robinson interviewed by Laura Tchilinguirian about buying no new clothes for the year
- 8 August 2017 – The Chronicle: A more liveable Canberra ahead
- 6 June 2017 – The Chronicle: Our students take action for the world
- 29 May 2017 – WIN News interview on Parliament of Youth
- 29 May 2017 – ABC radio interview on Parliament of Youth
- May 2017: Radio interview on 2WC – Transition Streets
- April 2017: Canberra City News: How gardening grows a sense of community
- April 2017: ACTCOSS Journal, Issue 79, Autumn 2017: Social inclusion & diversifying the economy
- March 2017: Canberra Weekly: Love thy neighbour
- March 2017: Gungahlin Gunsmoke: SEE-Change in Gungahlin
- Sunday 27 November 2016: The Canberra Times: Canberra’s Transition Streets move towards greener living
- Monday 30 May 2016: City News: School students light the way on climate change
- Monday 30 May 2016 – Win TV: Anne Quinn interview about the Parliament of Youth
- Monday 30 May 2016 – 666 ABC Radio: Anne Quinn interview about the Parliament of Youth
- Thursday 14 April 2016 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn and Ryan Lungu interviewed by Genevieve Jacobs about Canberra Transition Town
- Tuesday 16 February 2016 – 666 ABC Radio: Jen Tonna interviewed with Lachlan Richardson by Alex Sloan about the February Sustainable House Tour
- Monday 8 February 2016 – City News: See innovative houses in O’Connor
- Wednesday 20 January 2016 – ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Lish Fejer about verge gardens
- December 2015 – Soap Box: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Lee Constable (Episode 2) Tuesday 9 December 2015 – The Chronicle: Workshop to put community first
- Friday 27 November 2015 – Canberra Times: ACT environment champion Wendy Rainbird takes her work to the international stage [Parliament of Youth mentioned]
- Saturday 21 November 2015 – Canberra Times: Transition Streets program leads the way in sustainable living options
- Tuesday 10 November 2015 – The Chronicle: Global scheme for grassroots change
- Wednesday 28 October – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Alex Sloan about Transition Streets Canberra
- Thursday 15 October 2015 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Lish Fejer about Urban Agriculture Australia Spring Open Week
- Tuesday 22 September 2015 – The Chronicle: Make the switch to an electric bike
- Saturday 12 September 2015 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Greg Bayliss about Sustainable House Day
- Tuesday 8 September 2015 – City News: Sustainable house day heads to Dickson
- Sunday 30 August 2015 – 666 ABC Radio: Mark Spain interviewed by Lish Fejer about the Innovative Models of Affordable Housing talk
- Tuesday 18 August 2015 – Out in Canberra: Sun Baked Banana Coconut Muffins
- Friday 19 June 2015 – 2xx 98.3FM: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Scotty Foster
- Tuesday 16 June 2015 – The Chronicle: Chip packet sizes scrutinised
- Wednesday 10 June 2015 – Climate Spectator: Groups release toolkit for community solar aspirants
- Wednesday 10 June 2015 – REneweconomy: New ‘toolkit’ to help communities develop, profit from solar farms
- Tuesday 9 June 2015 – City News: A toolkit for setting up your own community solar project
- Monday 25 May 2015 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Genevieve Jacobs about the Canberra Transition Town launch
- Monday 11 May 2015 – Canberra Transition Town Launch, BMA Magazine
- Wednesday 13 May 2015 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Adam Shirley about the Canberra Curtain Retrofit Project
- Sunday 5 April 2015 – 2xx Radio 98.3FM: Anne Quinn interviewed by Lee Constable about the Parliament of Youth on Sustainability
- Thursday 26 March 2015 – 2xx Radio 98.3FM: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Tim Hall and William Mudford about the Canberra Alliance
- Sunday 22 February 2015 – 2xx Radio 98.3FM: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Lee Constable about SEE-Change
- Monday 16 February 2015 – Young Folk Media Hour on SYN Nation: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Lee Constable about SEE-Change
- Tuesday 10 February 2015 – The Chronicle: Ecological Group Focuses on Gungahlin
- Friday 23 January 2015 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Philip Clark about sustainable house tours, curtain retrofit + BERT
- Wednesday 21 January 2015 – City News: Your chance to see how a shipping container stacks up as a home
- Wednesday 8 October 2014 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Philip Clark about car sharing
- Sunday 7 September 2014 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Lish Feyer about Sustainable House Day
- Friday 5 September 2014 – Canberra Times: The Political Power of Kitchen Table Conversations
- Monday 25 August 2014 – The Conversation: Reasserting the public interest from Australians’ kitchen tables”
- Tuesday 15 July 2014 – The Chronicle: “Chicken Co-op and Egg-Filled Coup”
- Thursday 10 July 2014 – Canberra Multicultural Service Community Radio FM91.1: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Chaylee
- Sunday 6 July 2014 – 2xx Community Radio, Biodegradio: Kate interviewed by Alison Johnson about Chook Co-op’s
- Sunday 29 June 2014 – 2CC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by the Gardening Guru’s about No Dig Garden event
- Saturday 28 June 2014 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed on the Gardening Show about No Dig Garden event
- Tuesday 24 June 2014 – Canberra Times: “Layering in lieu of digging”
- Monday 16 June 2014 – 666 ABC Radio: Lawrie McIntosh interviewed about SolarShare
- Monday 16 June 2014 – Canberra Times: “ACT invites mum and dad investors to back grass-roots solar”
- Friday 13 June 2014 – City News: “Environmental open houses moving to a monthly program”
- Wednesday 30 April 2014 – Canberra Times: “Car Sharing is the wheel deal for commuters”
- Monday 28 April 2014 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Adam Shirley about car sharing
- Monday 28 April 2014 – Canberra Times: “Paid parking, global warming: It’s time to pool in Canberra”
- Saturday 26 April 2014 – 2xx Community Radio, Biodegradio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Alison Johnson
- Tuesday 25 March 2014 – City News: “Young ministers present 24 sustainable solutions”
- Tuesday 25 March 2014 – 666 ABC Radio: Oliver (2020 Vision Student) interview about the 2020 Vision Project
- Saturday 1 March 2014 – 666 ABC Radio: Jodie Pipkorn interviewed by Lish Feyer about SEE-Change
- Friday 28 February 2014 – ABC TV: Interview regarding new ACT Government solar feed-in tarrif
- Tuesday 21 January 2014 – The Chronicle: ‘Green fingers grow great idea’
- Tuesday 21 January 2014 – Sydney Morning Herald, Canberra Times, The Age: ‘Schools must educate young on sustainability’
- Tuesday 14 January 2014 – The Chronicle: ‘Capital leads green wave’
The following list is of SEE-Change media releases:
- 18 April 2016: Car Share has arrived in Canberra and offering discounts
Local community group SEE-Change and climate action group Canberra Loves 40% were pleased with the car share announcement by the ACT Government this morning, after having been engaged with this initiative for the past two years.
- 7 April 2016: Organisations are coming together to transition Canberra
Canberra’s community and environmental organisations are once again coming together to strengthen sustainability networking and collaboration across the ACT on Monday 18 April 2015.
- 8 February 2016: Sustainable house tours showcase a shipping container and 90 day house
Local community group SEE-Change, in collaboration with ACTSmart and the ACT Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects, are again having regular sustainable house tours throughout 2016.
- 24 November 2015: Champions of Change workshop to support positive change in Canberra
Local Canberra community organisation SEE-Change in collaboration with CDNet: The Community Development Network, is having a ‘Champions of Change’ workshop to support those making change happen in our community.
- 30 October 2015: Neighbourhoods across Canberra are set to become Transition Streets
Local Canberra community organisations SEE-Change and Communities at Work, in collaboration with Minister Yvette Berry, Minister for Housing and Community Services, today launched a new program that will support neighbourhoods to get to know each other better, at the same time as exploring ways to take actions to become more socially, environmentally and economically sustainable.
- 8 October 2015: Canberra Transition Town is meeting again!
Canberra’s community and environmental organisations are once again coming together to strengthen sustainability networking and collaboration across the ACT on Monday 12 October 2015.
- 18 September 2015: Electric bike bulk buy is on again!
Local Canberra community organisations SEE-Change and Pedal Power ACT, in collaboration with Switched on Cycles, are running an electric bike bulk buy that could save you as much as $300 on a new electric bike.
- 8 September 2015: Local green home opens to public
Local community group, SEE-Change, is collaborating with the owners of ‘One of a Kind Apartments’ as part of Sustainable House Day 2015 on Sunday 13 September, an event that allows the public to see and learn from the best environmental homes across Australia.
- 20 August 2015: Sustainability Talks Series to showcase affordable housing models
Local community group SEE-Change will inform Canberrans about how they can cut both the cost of living and the cost of home ownership, as part of a regular Sustainability Talks Series.
- 17 August 2015: Students take climate change actions to Legislative Assembly committee
ACT student Cabinet Ministers will present their ideas for tackling climate change to the Legislative Assembly Standing Committee on Planning, Environment, Territory and Municipal Services on Wednesday 19 August.
- 29 July 2015: Zero Carbon Canberra to be showcased at National Science Week expo
Local Canberra organisations, research bodies, businesses and the ACT Government are collaborating at this year’s National Science Week STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) expo on Friday 14 and Saturday 15 August, in a showcase display titled ‘The Future – Makers: Zero Carbon Canberra’.
- 9 June 2015: New toolkit to help communities develop and profit from solar farm ownership
SEE-Change and Solarshare today launched a community solar energy toolkit to assist local residents reap financial rewards through developing and owning a community renewable energy project.
- 28 April 2015: Curtain Retrofits to warm homes of those that most need it this winter
Local community groups SEE-Change, St Vincent de Paul Society Canberra/Goulburn and Canberra Loves 40%, are working together to provide curtains free of charge to people living in disadvantage.
- 4 February 2015: SEE-Change in Gungahlin
Local grass roots community action group SEE-Change is looking to establish a new Gungahlin local group and are inviting all Gungahlin residents who would like to see change happening in their local area to come along to an information session.
- 21 January 2015: Sustainable house tours kicking off with a container
Local community group SEE-Change, in collaboration with ACTSmart and the ACT Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects, are again having regular sustainable house tours throughout 2015.
- 7 September 2014: Local community groups educate neighbours
Local community group, SEE-Change, is conducting tours through local green homes for Sustainable House Day 2014 to educate and inspire neighbours to start living more environmentally responsible.
- Tuesday 17 June 2014: Leave winter at the door
Local community groups SEE-Change and the Canberra Environment Centre, in collaboration with ACTSmart, are running workshops this winter to help you leave winter at the door.
- 16 June 2014: No dig garden supporting the vulnerable
On Sunday 29 June, local community groups Canberra City Farm, Communities@Work and SEE- Change will be holding a workshop to bring the community together and support the vulnerable in our community.
- Thursday 12 June 2014: Sustainable houses opening all year round
Local community group SEE-Change, in collaboration with ACTSmart, the ACT Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects and the organisers of Sustainable House Day, have extended the ‘open house day’ from once a year to once a month.
- 24 April 2014: Car Share coming to Canberra
Local community group SEE-Change and climate action group Canberra Loves 40% are engaging with the ACT Government to establish a car share scheme for the ACT.
- 1 April 2014: Helping renters and owners keep warm this winter
Local community group SEE-Change, in collaboration with ACTSmart, are running ‘house blitz’ workshops to help renters and owners to keep warm this winter.
- 4 February 2014: GreenPower to the people
SEE-Change today launched the Community Climate Chest (C3) in Canberra, which offers the Canberra community a lower GreenPower rate with a tax deduction, while supporting a local community group.
The following list are awards SEE-Change has received:
- 2015 – Keep Australia Beautiful ACT – Winner of Community Action and Wellbeing Award – for the Canberra Curtain Retrofit Project
- 2015 – Keep Australia Beautiful ACT – Commendation for Environmental Sustainability and Energy Innovation Award – for the Canberra Curtain Retrofit Project
- 2013 – Keep Australia Beautiful ACT – Environmental Advocacy and Innovation Award – for the 2020 Vision Imagining a Sustainable Canberra
- 2010 – Floriade Imagination Certificate of Appreciation – for SEE-Change support of Floriade 2010