Executive Officer, SEE-Change
Make the most of your experience and expertise with this challenging and dynamic role.
The position requires a combination of entrepreneurial skills, hands on management experience, a focus on community development, and a genuine appreciation of volunteers. The successful applicant will be committed to empowering people in the ACT to help make Canberra an equitable and regenerative community, living on less than one planet’s worth of resources. The role also involves creative opportunities to strengthen SEE-Change’s role in incubating ideas and initiatives, and connecting the community.
The SEE-Change Executive Officer will work closely with SEE-Change staff and members, the SEE-Change Inc. Committee, volunteers, local organisations and the ACT government on a wide variety of tasks, including:
- initiating and sustaining local community based change and transformation projects.
- organisation and project management;
- maintaining a functioning office and organisational administration;
- financial management, budgeting, bookkeeping and payroll;
- supporting a small team of staff and volunteers;
- secretariat duties;
- partnership and consultation with the ACT Government;
- promotions, communications and public speaking;
- fundraising; and
- building alliances with other local organisations and businesses.
This role is for 30 hours a week at an hourly rate of $38.36/hour plus superannuation. The role will initially be for two years with the possibility of extension beyond this. Remuneration is in accordance with the Social and Community Services Award.
This role has an agreed flexible working arrangement, which includes working from a home office for a flexible number of hours each week (both in and out of business hours). Employees may be required – from time to time – to work on weekends and after hours. Time so worked will be given as time in lieu on a one for one hour basis.
Applications should be received no later than 11pm Sunday 21st May and consist of the following:
- 1 page cover letter
- maximum two-page outline that demonstrates your experience of undertaking tasks similar to those outlined in the following selection criteria
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via the post to SEE-Change Inc, PO Box 7025, Watson ACT 2602.
For further information please contact Mark Spain (Chair Person), or Liam Lilly (Executive Officer) on 6162 2320 or email@example.com.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of autonomy, to project manage and undertake varied tasks as required within the broad strategic framework advised by the Committee, and to prioritise work within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience of working collegially in a small team-based environment, managing and supporting staff and volunteers, as well as working with people, groups, and organisations spread across Canberra from various different backgrounds and demographics.
- Demonstrated experience of financial management practices and procedures, including bookkeeping, BAS, budgeting, and payroll.
- Knowledge and understanding of the general policy and political environment in the ACT in which non-profit associations must operate.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in fields such as: new economic models, societal equality, indigenous movement, climate change, sustainability, conservation, participatory democracy and/or community development.
- Demonstrated experience and strong skills in online Google Applications, web based information management, WordPress, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, Xero or other bookkeeping software, Mailchimp, and an understanding of various online platforms and other IT systems.
- Tertiary qualifications in environment studies, community development, management, communications, philosophy, politics, or economics will be well regarded.
We also have a range of different volunteer opportunities available.